Monday, June 19, 2017
Chocolate Paper Sponge Cake
2 egg yolk
15g veg. oil
40g chocolate milk
40g cake flour
1tsp cocoa powder
1/4tsp baking powder
2 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. Lined muffin cups with cut out grease proof paper 14cmx14cm and set aside.
3. Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt together, set aside.
4. With a hand whisk, whisk egg yolk and oil together till blended.
5. Add in milk, whisk till combined.
6. Lastly, add in flour and stir till batter is smooth.
7. Use a cake mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
8. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
9. Fold in 1/3 of the meringue into egg yolk batter till combined.
10.Lastly, fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in two portions till combined.
11.Pour batter into piping bag.
12.Pipe batter into prepared cups till 70% full.
13.Tap each cup on tabletop to burst air bubbles in the cake batter.
14.Bake in preheated oven for 25-30mins.
15.Switch off oven power, allow cakes to sit in oven for 5-10mins with oven door slightly opened.
16.Remove cakes from muffin cups and cool on a wire rack.