Sunday, May 21, 2017
Vanilla Cotton Sponge Cake
This recipe source is from Youtube，【原味古早味蛋糕做法】【HOW TO BAKE CASTELLA CAKE】
I didn't smooth the cake batter properly before baking as a result rough surface. A must try recipe, thumbs up. :)
75g veg. oil
90g cake flour (sift)
6 egg yolk
1/4tsp vanilla paste
6 egg white
72g caster sugar
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 150C.
2. Line base and sides of a 8 inches square pan with grease proof paper.
3. Double wrap tin base and surrounding with foil, set aside.
4. Pour oil in a bowl and heat it up in microwave for 2mins.
5. Add cake flour into hot oil and stir till mixture is smooth.
6. Transfer cooked dough into a bigger bowl and stir in milk, egg yolk, salt and vanilla paste till mixture is smooth.
7. In a clean mixing bowl whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
8. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till soft peaks form.
9. Fold in 1/3 of the meringue into egg yolk batter and mix till combined.
10.Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in two portions until well combined.
11.Pour cake batter into prepared pan, smooth surface and tap pan on tabletop to burst air bubbles.
12.Steam-bake cake in a preheated oven for an hour. (Adjust oven temperature according to your oven heating power.)
13.Remove cake pan from oven, lift up grease proof paper to remove cake from pan.
14.Leave cake to cool on a wire rack.