This weekend I squeezed out sometimes to try out this cute cake share by my nephew on facebook.
here for demo on Tokyo Banana cake.
3 egg (separated)
50g caster sugar
54g cake flour
1tbsp veg. oil
70g mashed honey sweet potato
1/2tbsp corn starch
1tbsp caster sugar (adjust according to your taste)
few drops of vanilla essence
1. Mix all the ingredients except vanilla essence into a mixing bowl till smooth.
2. Strain it into saucepan and cook over low heat till it thicken.
3. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla essence and set aside to cool.
1. Preheat oven to 190C.
2. Lined and greased a 10" by 13" tray and set aside.
3. Sift flour and salt together, set aside.
4. With a cake mixer, whisk egg whites till frothy.
5. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
6. Switch speed to medium and gradually add in egg yolks, whisk for another minute until well combined.
7. Fold flour into meringue lightly in 3 portions until well blended.
8. Mix milk and oil together and fold into batter until well combined.
9. Pour batter into prepared tray and smooth surface.
10.Bake in preheated oven for 10mins.
11.Remove tray from oven, immediately over turn sponge onto a grease proof paper with crust facing down.
12.Peel off grease proof paper and leave it to cool on wire rack.
1. Turn sponge over and peel off grease proof paper together with crust. (You may use a sharp knife, slowly trim off crust. I didn't bother to remove the crust.)
2. Cut sponge into 4 equal pieces.
3. Spoon custard into piping bag.
4. Tear a piece of plastic cling wrap and place it on table top.
5. Place sponge on it, pipe custard onto sponge and roll it up.
6. Twist both ends to secure roll. Do not roll too tight as sponge will flatten.
7. Arrange cake into a semi-circle/half round loaf pan.
9. Remove plastic wrap and serve.