I missed baking very much. :( I had book marked quite a few recipes to test out. Unfortunately each time after I had completed most of the household chores I was really exhausted and can't bring myself to bake anything. This evening I am free :) as my hubby brought my elder son for a wedding dinner and left me with my younger sick boy. Hehehe... boy is resting so I can bake.
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #30: it's Tea time! (April 2013) hosted by Food Playground.
40g egg yolk
1tbsp caster sugar
40g veg. oil
1 earl grey teabag
60g hot water
80g cake flour
1/2tsp earl grey tea powder
135g egg white
55g caster sugar
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Sift flour and earl grey tea powder together, set aside.
3. Put tea bags in a cup and pour hot water into cup.
4. Set it aside for 5mins, discard teabag and leave it to cool.
5. With a hand whisk, whisk egg yolk, salt and sugar together till it turn pale.
6. Add oil, tea and follow by flour into egg yolk batter.
7. Whisk until well combined.
8. Use a cake mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
9. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till soft peaks form.
10.Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into egg yolk mixture until combined.
11.Then fold in the rest of the meringue in two portions lightly until well combined.
12.Fill piping bag with cake batter.
13.Pipe batter into cupcake cups till 3/4 full, tap cups lightly on table top.
14.Arrange cups on tray and bake in a preheated oven for 25mins.
15.Remove from oven, invert cake and leave it cool.
2 ways for cooling chiffon cupcakes on muffin tray .