Friday, December 15, 2017
110g unsalted butter (cold butter)
50g icing sugar
1/4tsp vanilla paste
125g plain flour
1tbsp corn flour
1tsp cocoa powder
30g chocolate chips
1. Sift flour, salt and corn flour together set aside.
2. Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Fold in flour mixture till it form a soft dough.
4. Divide dough into two portions.
5. One cookies dough portion add in chocolate chips and mix well.
6. Another cookies dough portion add in cocoa powder and mix well.
7. Place chocolate chip cookies dough onto a shortbread cookies mould, press and shape into a long block.
8. Place chocolate cookies dough over chocolate chip cookies dough, press and shape into a long block.
9. Wrap it up and rest in fridge for an hour till it harden.
10.Preheat oven at 160C.
11.Remove cookies dough from fridge, remove plastic wrap and cut into thin slice about 0.4cm thick.
12.Arrange cookies dough on a greased tray.
13.Bake in a preheated oven for 18mins until slightly firm.
14.Cool cookies on wire rack and store in an airtight containers.
Monday, December 11, 2017
Sunday, December 3, 2017
3 egg white
55g castor sugar
4 egg yolk
40g cake flour
15g corn flour
45g butter (melted)
adequate homemade strawberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Lined and greased a 10" by 10" tray, set aside.
3. Sift cake flour, corn flour and salt together, set aside.
4. With a cake mixer, whisk egg whites until foamy.
5. Add in castor sugar gradually and whisk till stiff peaks form.
6. Switch mixer speed to medium, slowly add in egg yolks and whisk for another minute till well blended.
7. Fold flour into egg batter lightly in 3 portions until well blended.
8. Lastly, fold melted butter into batter until well blended.
9. Pour batter into prepared tray, spread out batter and smooth surface.
10.Bake in a preheated oven for 10mins.
11.Remove sponge from tray, peel off paper and cool it on a wire rack with crust facing up.
Assemble the sponge:
1. Carefully transfer sponge onto a greaseproof paper with skin facing down.
2. Spread jam onto sponge.
3. Gently roll sponge by using paper to lift and guide roll.
4. Rest roll in fridge to stabilize it shape.
5. Remove, slice and serve.
Sunday, November 26, 2017
120g unsalted butter
60g bittersweet chocolate
100g raw sugar
1/2tsp vanilla paste
70g plain flour
70g semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven at 160C.
2. Mix flour and salt together, set aside.
3. Melt butter and chocolate in a big bowl over a simmering water, stir gently.
4. Remove from heat, stir in sugar until it dissolved.
5. Beat in vanilla paste and eggs.
6. Mix in chocolate chips.
7. Lastly, mix in flour until just combined.
8. Pour batter into a lined rectangular pan (16cm x 21cm x 4cm).
9. Bake in a preheated oven for 30-35mins, until a tester inserted in the centre and comes out clean.
10.Remove brownies from tin and cool it on a wire rack.
Sunday, October 15, 2017
Ingredients (yield 7 cupcakes)
50g caster sugar
65g cake flour
2tbsp lemon juice
1tbsp veg. oil
zest of a lemon
40g dried cranberries (chopped and dust with some flour)
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Lined cupcake tray with paper casing and set aside.
3. Mix lemon juice, zest and oil together and set aside.
4. Sift flour and salt together twice and set aside.
5. Use a cake mixer whisk eggs and sugar until thick and fluffy.
6. Pour flour into cake batter in 3 portions and fold in till well combined. (I used hand whisk for folding in.)
7. Pour in liquid mixture into cake batter and mix till well combined.
8. Lastly add in dried cranberries and mix well.
9. Spoon batter into cupcake tray until 80% full.
10.Lightly tap tray on table top to burst air bubbles in the batter.
11.Bake in preheated oven for 15-18mins.
12.Remove cakes from tin and cool them on a wire rack.
Sunday, September 24, 2017
50g veg. oil
55g cake flour (sift)
5g cocoa powder
4 egg yolk
40g chocolate milk
1/4tsp chocolate paste
4 egg white
50g caster sugar
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 110C.
2. Line base and sides of a rectangular pan (16cm x 21cm x 4cm) with grease proof paper.
3. Double wrap tin base and surrounding with foil, set aside.
4. Pour oil in a bowl and heat it up in microwave for 2mins.
5. Add cake flour into hot oil and stir till mixture is smooth.
6. Transfer cooked dough into a bigger bowl and stir in chocolate milk, salt and chocolate paste till mixture is smooth.
7. Lastly, stir in egg yolk and mix till smooth, set aside.
8. In a clean mixing bowl whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
9. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
10.Fold in 1/3 of the meringue into egg yolk batter and mix till combined.
11.Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in two portions until well combined.
12.Pour cake batter into prepared pan, smooth surface and tap pan on tabletop to burst air bubbles.
13.Steam-bake cake in a preheated oven for 50mins. (Adjust oven temperature and baking time according to your oven heating power.)
14.Then increase oven temperature to 130C and bake for another 20mins.
15.Remove cake pan from oven, lift up grease proof paper to remove cake from pan.
16.Leave cake to cool on a wire rack.
Sunday, August 20, 2017
Ingredients (9 cupcakes)
120g unsalted butter
80g caster sugar
130g cake flour
1tsp baking powder
juice of 1 orange (about 50g)
zest of 1 orange
65g dried cranberry
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Line muffin tin with paper casing and set aside.
3. Sift flour and baking powder together, set aside
4. Beat butter, sugar and salt until light and creamy.
5. Slowly add egg and orange zest, beat until well combined.
6. Fold in flour and orange juice alternately until well combined.
7. Lastly fold in dried cranberry.
8. Spoon batter into paper casing until 3/4 full.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25mins.
10.Remove cupcakes from tin and cool on a wire rack.